RMB30 billion Derun Environment unveiled by French President François Hollande

RMB30 billion Derun Environment unveiled by French President François Hollande

(2 November 2015, Hong Kong) NWS Holdings Limited (“NWS Holdings” or the “Group”; Hong Kong stock code: 659) is pleased to announce that the investment platform of Chongqing Derun Environment Co., Ltd. (“Derun Environment”) is officially launched in Chongqing today in a ceremony officiated by visiting French President François Hollande. Other attending company representatives included NWS Holdings Chief Executive Officer Tsang Yam Pui, SUEZ Chairman Gérard Mestrallet, SUEZ Chief Executive Officer Jean-Louis Chussade and senior management of Chongqing Water Assets Management Co., Ltd. (“Chongqing Water Assets”).

Derun Environment, valued at approximately RMB30 billion in assets and cash, strives to become a leading environmental services provider in Mainland China. Its main business areas cover water and waste water treatment, waste-to-energy project investment, renewable resource recycling and utilization, soil remediation and environmental technology development.

The formation of Derun Environment investment platform is one of the major Sino-French cooperative agreements signed in June under the witness of Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and French Prime Minister Manuel Valls. Under the agreement, Chongqing Suyu Business Development Company Limited, a 50/50 joint venture between NWS Holdings Limited and SUEZ, would acquire approximately 25% stake in Derun Environment; Chongqing Water Assets would acquire the rest of approximately 75%. Derun Environment would hold approximately 50% equity interest in Chongqing Water Group Co., Ltd. and would become the controlling shareholder of Chongqing Sanfeng Environment Industry Group Co. Ltd. and Chongqing Derun Environment Technology Co., Ltd.

NWS Holdings Chief Executive Officer Tsang Yam Pui remarked, “Derun Environment is an extension of the long-term partnership between the shareholding parties, bringing together financial strength, technology know-how, management and operational expertise as well as business network under one roof. We are confident that it can ride on the tremendous business opportunities fuelled by supportive government policies and develop into a leading environmental services provider in China in the medium term.”

NWS Holdings has investments in 28 water treatment projects, two sludge treatment projects and five technical consultancy companies in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau through its joint venture company Sino-French Holdings (Hong Kong) Limited. These projects treat up to a total of 7.88 million cubic metres of water and waste water per day and 1,140 tonnes of sludge per day.


 - END -


This press release is also available on the Group’s website ( www.nws.com.hk).

NWS Holdings Limited

NWS Holdings Limited (“NWS Holdings”, Hong Kong stock code: 659), the infrastructure and service flagship of New World Development Company Limited (Hong Kong stock code: 17), operates businesses in Hong Kong, Mainland China and Macau. Its Infrastructure portfolio includes Roads, Environment, Logistics and Aviation projects. Its Services portfolio comprises Facilities Management (the management of Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre and Free Duty), Construction & Transport (construction, bus and ferry services) and Strategic Investments.


SUEZ (Paris: SEV, Brussels: SEVB) supplies drinking water to 92 million people, delivers wastewater treatment services to 65 million, collects waste produced by almost 50 million, recovers 14 million tonnes of waste each year and produces 5,138 GWh of local and renewable energy. With 80,990 employees, SUEZ, which is present on all five continents, is a key player in the sustainable management of resources. SUEZ generated total revenues of €14.3 billion in 2014.

Chongqing Water Assets Management Co., Ltd.

Chongqing Water Assets Management Co., Ltd. is the fully state-owned enterprise funded by Chongqing State-owned Assets Administration Committee. The company’s investment covers water resources protection and construction, drinking water production and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, solid waste incineration and power generation, kitchen, medical and hazardous waste treatment and reuse, “urban mine” development and application, land remediation, and river renovation. The company’s assets reach RMB83.9 billion and it has 13,000 employees to date.

For further information, please contact:

For Media
Jover Wong
Manager – Corporate Communication
Tel: (852) 2131 6253
E-mail: joverwong@nws.com.hk

For Analysis
Clement Chow
Head – Investor Relations
Tel: (852) 2131 6261
Email: clementchow@nws.com.hk